leading with QUESTIONS
Tuesday, January 18, 2005
 
yosemite dreams
I have been climbing again. Olympia opened a new gym called Warehouse Rock Gym. I have waited a full 5 years for this place to finally arrive. We bought a 90 day membership...I have been down there to boulder now probably 6 times since. I love it. I just bought new shoes. You can see them here.

So last night I laid in bed from 10:30 to midnight remembering...I thought back to those early days in Yosemite when I was so young I didn't know any better. I remembered the smell of granite, the big sky bordered by walls reaching high up into it. I remembered the moves, the techniques employed to set an anchor and haul a bag. I remembered individuals routes like liking Sons of Yesterday and the Serenity Crack. I dreamed while I was awake...I longed to return and feel the gentle Californian sun on my back and sink my hands deep into cool dark places sercuring my every movement upward. It was so good for my soul...when life get's freaky this place and my family is all I really want. Call it escapism and you wouldn't be wrong, but to me it is simply remembering my home away from home in His creation...



Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger