leading with QUESTIONS
Monday, January 03, 2005
 
all is quiet on new years day...
Okay it's not new years day....and I didn't even spin New Year's Day (by U2) on new years day this year...all though it was going through my head all day! So much to say - so much to convey (Tracy Chapman). Yesderday (according to my wife) I started singing a Dave Matthews song from the pulpit!? I was speaking about the kingdom of God and I said something like "right now we live in between...in the space between the kingdom come and the kingdom coming"...(my wife swears I sang it...I am not so sure. I do know the song just burst into my head...odd.

It's a cold day in WA which is unusual. I scraped ice off the windsheild to get to work. All last week I worked in a sermon for yesterday...I ended up going with a text from Matt 2:1-12 that I used more like a metaphor inviting the church to join me in a quest for the King (like herod and the magi). It was fun...a little scripture heavy, I took myself a little too seriously...

Here comes my buddy Gary...we need to spend some time talking I gotta run! more later

Comments:
No... you didn't sing. Or I don't think you did. You only mentioned the song "Space Between" when making a point.
 
thanks jeff I was freaking myself out...
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger