leading with QUESTIONS
Thursday, December 09, 2004
 
who do you hate?
This is the commercial that is stirring alot of pots right now.

So what do I think? Well...it's good. I don't know about the values of the CCC...or recent beliefs...but I like the commercial. I think it's funny that it couldnt be aired. But you know I would never fight that fact. I am reminded by a recent article in Sojo magazine, by David Batstone I am not called to join the culture war but somehow by a Christ link and agent of peace or something.

It's just a commercial. the real task is being the church that daily has a plank in it's eye. The real work begins when we realize where we are at...and who we hate (intrincially). Then repentance should come...and then learning to live in love toward others as Jesus did (I think we can assume that) and as he might do(I think we can assume this too).

I hate people. I mean not openly, but deep in my dark heart-closet I hate. It is just easier to do that. I am not content to hate, but want to be honest about my hatred. Right now it is just easier to love anyone outside of the church (not matter who they are) and much easier to hate those within it. It's with the "faithful" and with the "church people" that my temptation lies. I could justify my hatred so easily with so many examples or I could love instead...

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger