leading with QUESTIONS
Wednesday, November 03, 2004
 
today
The sun still rose today. It's november 3, 2004 the day after. The election is over but the nation stands defeated. What will the days ahead hold for us as americans who try and live our lives in a divided nation?

I can only speak for myself.

I find myself in a precarious position, stretched out in crucifix posture, holding the tension of both sides. The polarization is haunting as both sides call for my allegiance. I dare not sit comfortably in either camp. I am wondering how it is possible to make peace in this place. It seems as if we have laid a seed bed of hatered and soon a harvest of destruction will emerge around us. WE are all so blind. Our blindness is killing us. Through our blindness we can do no better than to kill each other. Jesus help me see. Help me escape my fear that keeps me hiding and help me see and act as you see things and long to act in humanity.

liminal space is transformative space is Other's space is our place.


Comments:
yap, scott I have kind of been "enlightened" by some articles in Sojourner's magazine (see Jim Wallis)about this new american age of Empire and what that means for the rest of the world. The abuse of our power relfects to me so much of what happened in traditional church and it's affect on "the weak" speaks so loudly to it's inherent danger. So...it isn't just about abortion (because they actually increased in number during Bushes previous term) but it is about systems. Now the other side, I never found Kerry trustworthy, yet I believe our current political climate needs the balance of democratic valus...right now more than ever. See Moby.com - his journal entry today called "Christian Values" or something like that...its interesting.
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger