leading with QUESTIONS
Monday, August 09, 2004
 
watched an interesting film this weekend called the Fog of War. It really made me think and rethink my understanding of history. It keeps changing. McNamara - this brilliant man from the 20th century, looks back on his life throughout the film and tells an amazing story. Among many other conclusions he come to the place where he can say that "reason" has let him (and all the world) down. To peek behind the scenes with him into WW2, the cold war, and vietnam sent really shook my heart. The tragedies that could of been avoided, were barely avoided and were unnecessary are truly troubling...what happened in the 20th century?

was it all about power? will the world always be this way? how did my "christian" upbringing lead me toward acceptance of such "necessary" horrors? how could war ever be seen as right?
questions and more questions...


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger