leading with QUESTIONS
Wednesday, August 04, 2004
 
refuse
ys. ys. ys. it's everywhere. It's "the" new thing. Youth specialties! Yippee... The new christian consumer company has really "emerged." I say this scratching my head and fully accepting my own hypocracy, with probably 3 unread ys books on my desk and plenty of half read ys books on my shelf. But where is this all going. We got to draw the line. We have to refuse to buy. Today I refuse to buy their moving images. Why?

I think because God values stewardship over consumption. Recycling over exploitaion. Creation over duplication. maybe...we shouldn't all be reading the same stuff, or using the same media. Maybe we should trust God to lead us in the place where we are at, using the tools right around us....maybe that's enough...maybe that will release something alive rather than something dead and empty.



Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger