leading with QUESTIONS
Tuesday, July 20, 2004
 
some thoughts as I fill out my iteams application:
 
Four years of ministry in a local church setting have taken me to places I never would have dreamt of spiritually. Not that I now live a mountain top experience, but rather the opposite. I now see that all of life is a spiritual journey. I now see that I will never “arrive” spiritually. I come to understand less, yet hold tighter to Christ than ever. I find myself deeply impacted by my postmodern worldview. I am just now coming to understand what it may mean to be someone who is postmodern while at the same time surrendered to Christ. I find in this tension times of great fear and desperation and uncertainty and yet I find in this time great encouragement in that my faith has not failed. In fact I find it strengthened and refined in so many ways. I find my spiritual journey renewed and now far less predictable and yet exciting. I find my self hungry and thirsty for an experience and understanding of the kingdom of God. I find myself chasing after Christ much like I imagine the disciples attempted to do. And stronger and stronger I sense his grip on my life and invitation to come and die with him in service to a hurting world as my inescapable calling.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger