leading with QUESTIONS
Tuesday, July 27, 2004
 
for a while now I have felt estranged from attempting anything that might look like personal "devotions" or "quietime." This regulated/daily time in my traddition of faith has always been considered essential. "Just pray and read the word!" is a perfect sound bite that fits our evangelical tradition. Ingredients for spiritual success...for me? Hardly...

What am I anchored by? What anchors me to Christ?

For so long it's been guilt. Its always guilt. and it should be love...I think. For us evangelicals it's always a slippery slope to guilt gutter. Too many "good" ideas lead us that way...go figure.

so I drift along. drawn in toward my savior often through others or at the invitation of another but so rarely on my own...so I wait. trying to release the guilt for something else. possibly love... 


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger