leading with QUESTIONS
Thursday, March 25, 2004
 
a window
Here's a window into my conversation with R.E. (field director for CMA in Spain):

"I am glad you have opened this conversation again. You don’t how much time, thought, and prayer each day I give to this “burden of a call” to serve the Lord in a place like Spain. Lately I have been so restless to do “new” things. I have dreams daily of how to communicate the gospel in our brave new postmodern world. I feel as though now is the time to recover the voice of the church that speaks a relevant and meaningful message to the emerging populations. I feel deeply called to somehow incarnate this gospel message among postmodern people groups. The scary thing is that much of what we consider to be “church work” or “church structure” may need to be let go of so that new structures or ways of ministering can be established. My biggest fear right now is that if I release myself (and my wife) to the Alliance system there might not be enough “freedom” or “room” to do what and be who we feel called to be.

We are less enthusiastic about the Alliance as a sending agency than ever previously. In fact some days all we do is dream of cutting ties completely and simply moving to Spain to live…and see what happens. Others have done it. It fact a growing number of sold out Christian missionaries are going this route.

You must be honest with me. Would the Alliance mission in Spain be very open to what may look like “extreme” measures to communicate the gospel and the reality of God’s Kingdom to postmodern young people?"


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger