leading with QUESTIONS
Wednesday, March 17, 2004
 
mid-week madness
Yep, it's wednesday. I am diggin' for stuff to write. Strange because other times it just spills forth. For a while now I have been wanting to re-pick up my Cultural Anthropology book and give it a-look-see. Finally got to that yesterday and I couldn't put it down. It is by Paul Heibert and copywrite is 76 and 83. Wow, it's ancient. But it's so relevant. There so much in there that capture my thoughts and my heart.

Some of the most challenging info in there were his (a decade old) statistics about American comsurmerism as it relates to increasing world population and global needs. I will post some of the stats tomorrow (I'll try).

As a Christ follower I am feeling compelled to find new ways to drop of the prevailing comsumer system that would try and blind me/and my fellow Americans into exalting ourselves and wasting and hogging precious resources that others around the globe die daily for lack of.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger