leading with QUESTIONS
Monday, March 15, 2004
 
get over it project...
Homophobic? Trying to "get over it." I am called to love people not to be scared of them. Whatever's in the way of the flow of grace must be removed. Oh God, pull the plank out.

My journey has taken me to the "get over it project" that I began a while ago. What does that mean? So far, all it means is I just check in with this Unitarian Universalist (his blog), and see what he has to say. He is gay and a father. Something in me cringes about that. But I am trying to listen to what he has to say. The fact that he is minister for the Unitarian church gives the whole thing an interesting twist. It was by accident that I found his site. Or was it God's Spirit leading me on?

His most recent post (March 13, 2004) is a striking story. It's one worth wresting with. It begs lots of good questions. Dreaming about a church with a new voice, and a new heart, and new ears that will listen to all, where do we start?

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger