leading with QUESTIONS
Thursday, March 04, 2004
 
beyond tracing out...
Different U2 anthems collide in my head...I continue to gravitate in their direction. I was struck by these words from Paul in Romans the other night:
Oh the depths of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgements,
and his paths beyond tracing out!

(Romans 11:33,34)

It just hit me. Duh! "his paths untraceable." Wheww...it's ok not to have the answer...it's ok not to know...some things, maybe most things, are out of reach...

Relief to me. I am trying to figure out the whole "ordination" thing. What am I supposed to do? "Defend pre-millenialism" no thanks...I am really not interested in our theological castles in the sky. We have too many. They have too many loopholes. They break down and mean very little to John Doe on the street with a real life. I am attracted to grace though. I am attracted to the grace shown in Jesus Christ. I agree with Bono, I think grace can change the world.

Do something from a heart of grace today. Show someone a little grace, shine a little light. Don't pass a christian novel to a "lost" person instead smile at someone you don't know, lend someone your hand, listen to someone. Do something graceful.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger