leading with QUESTIONS
Thursday, January 29, 2004
 
passion
In the past few of days a couple of streams have flowed across my desk "reminding me" that with Mel's upcoming film the Passion of the Christ comes an incredible "outreach oportunity"!

I am just not buying it. I am sure the film is going to be incredible - but I will not approach the film like hunter positioning myself near the animal's food so I can make the kill while it's eating breakfast. Uhn uh. Not me. I aint tellin nobody that message either. We're so concerned that it is an opportunity for "them" that we miss the opportunity for us.

I wanna go and just enjoy the film. For what it is! I want to embrace the images of violent grace and let them stir in me something new and refreshing. I want that film to give birth in my heart to a new capacity to love and be loved by Christ. I am banking/betting on the fact that in the process of giving myself fully to him - he'll use me to share his love in very appropriate ways with "them" - the people of the world that I know and love.

Just had to say it. It was pissing me off. I'm just reacting to the modern/evangelical/right side/conservative place I been leaving lately.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger