leading with QUESTIONS
Monday, December 22, 2003
 
Nouwen the great
Reading Nouwen's The Wounded Healer this morning. I am amazed with how he (back in 1972!) identified postmodernity and spoke so clearly about it so long ago! Wow! His discription of "nuclear man" really nails life today for so many - and like a prophet, Nouwen put his finger on it back then. He shares 3 insights about this emerging "nuclear man" (postmodern!) saying that he/she experiences life with historical dislocation, fragmented ideology, and a new search for imortality. I found myself really identifying with these themes, both in my own life and in the lives of those around me. Nouwen then points us (post modernists) toward Jesus as the mystic and revolutionist who can lead us powerfully into new ways of doing life. Wow! That's just chapter one - chapter two is called "Ministry for a rootless generation." Cool.


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger