leading with QUESTIONS
Monday, October 27, 2003
 
Autum Colors at Discovery Bay
Returned yesterday from a weekend up on the Olympic Penninsula - at Discovery Bay.
It was beautiful. The falls colors were loud and the weather was perfectly crisp but sunny. In the afternoons as the sun would fall the light would become sharp and the feeling was almost surreal.

We got away with about 13 from our cell group community. It was very enjoyable. Low on drama - high on real friendships. During the course of our stay at some point I opened my bible and found myself staring in disbelief at Psalm 13. It pinpoints me and calls me to an honest and searching prayer. I thought I would share that now:

Psalms 13

13:1 For the choir director: A psalm of David.


O LORD, how long will you forget me? Forever?
How long will you look the other way?
2 How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul,
with sorrow in my heart every day?
How long will my enemy have the upper hand?

3 Turn and answer me, O LORD my God!
Restore the light to my eyes, or I will die.
4 Don't let my enemies gloat, saying, "We have defeated him!"
Don't let them rejoice at my downfall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love.
I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
6 I will sing to the LORD
because he has been so good to me.
NLT

-----------------------------------------------------

I am stessed out and inwardly burdened - but I will trust the Lord.
I may fail yet his love will never.
I may fall into a trap yet he will rescue me.
The day will come soon when I will sing for goodness of the Lord I will know!

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger