leading with QUESTIONS
Tuesday, September 16, 2003
 
LIfe is crazy. It really is absurd. In some of my reading lately I have come across the statement "reality is stranger that fiction." Since it was pointed out to me - since my eyes have begun to look for it - it really has felt true for me.
To live with little expectations or pre-mapped ideas...to enjoy life when Love shows up spontaniously...to shrug the shoulders and journey through life's dark and dull times...to quit trying to out guess God...to move towards absurd trust in his goodness...this is the stuff of life. This is more realistic today.

-----

The Gospel for today: A true story

I had 2 minutes to be out the door and on my way to work this morning when I had a thought. Today is a coffee day! I reached for the grinder but fumbled it. A black explosion of pre-ground beans soiled the shelf, the counter, the floor, my shirt and my pants. Sh**! No time to regrind, only time to change. No coffee today it'll have to be tea. Sorry wife for the mess on your mopped floor and washed pants - I gotta run! And oh yah...it spilled in the shelf too! Love yah -- kiss good by..."Have fun with the kids today! I'm sorry!

10:45am My wife drops in to work unannounced - "here's some coffee hun." She's holding 16 ounces of fresh brew.

Grace... for those who fumble stuff. Christ to me today.




Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger