leading with QUESTIONS
Tuesday, September 02, 2003
 
The idea of journey has really been central to my thinking lately about the Christian faith. I have to admit that less than a year ago I used the word because it sounded cool...uh duh!
But I find myself more and more that looking at my own faith in Christ as a journey with Trust being the destination. This is such a freeing thought. I am challenged to no longer fight the ups and downs but rather to accept them as part of the journey. I am challenged to trust in every situation no matter what it feels like. Accepting my faith as a journey takes the pressure for maturity off. It also takes the reigns out my hands - I lose control. I let go and watch the journey unfold rather than dictate its direction. Why does this lead to trust? Maybe because it looks and feels totally absurd. Does the journey itself demand trust?

And so I journey on...just an ordinary day at the office. I'll attend the board meeting tonight - why fight it? Could God speak to me through it? Could I hear him in midst of "all in favor say I"? Lord this is where you have me - right here, right now. You're here, help me listen...

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger