leading with QUESTIONS
Monday, September 08, 2003
 
I am headed down to Portland today, with a good friend. We will be doing "training" at (CMA) Mosaic Church for our trip to Thailand/China in November. 3 pastors, one friend and one district leader! It should be fun. With all that's been going on with me sometimes I quesiton my motives in going on a Missionary Tour right now. But - God has done it and so I'll do my best to meet him there. My objective at the heart of this trip is really simply pilgrimage. He calls and I follow - but I don't understand or apprehend ahead of time for fear I'll miss him there. In that sense I am excited to see what God will do!

Can you feel the weather changing?

I can feel the weather changing. The sudden appearance of brightly withered leaves, the edge of coldness in the eveing air. I am comforted by it all somehow. There is something in the deep and subtle change of season that speaks and stirs me. I would be content to pace quiet forest paths today and listen to the voice of nature's maker. But instead I'll be confined to hear him in the mania of metro Portland.

Blessings to all you fellow travelers and children of the Father!

jlb

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger