leading with QUESTIONS
Monday, August 25, 2003
 
Yesterday was Sunday. The morning felt like a blur of frantic and disjointed activity - like watching VHS fast forward. But the afternoon got better. Tania and I took a long walk on the Chehalis/western bike trail with the kids and things slowded down. The weather was just right, we sat down and enjoyed chatting about the morning under the shade of a canopy of pacific northwest trees. Kaleb rode back and forth on his new bike. I enjoy those moments with the family more than anything these days.

This week will be about sermon construction. I have to preach on Sunday. I'm really dreading doing it this time. I feel the like the state my heart is so unstable. The pulpit is such a dangerous place these days both for the speaker and the listener. I know God can use it but...

Oh yah! One of my best friends called all concerned yesterday that I had joined (or was going to join) a cult. How about that? That's a first! But it's proof to me that I am right where God wants me to be - living outside my "safe box." I truly feel called to make mistakes right now. I guess that's what makes me nervous about preaching Sunday. If only Coach would let me punt. But I don't think that His plan.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger